I received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Roar (Stormheart, #1) by Cora Carmack
Published by Tor Teen on June 13th 2017
Genres: Fantasy & Magic, Young Adult
In a land ruled and shaped by violent magical storms, power lies with those who control them.
Aurora Pavan comes from one of the oldest Stormling families in existence. Long ago, the ungifted pledged fealty and service to her family in exchange for safe haven, and a kingdom was carved out from the wildlands and sustained by magic capable of repelling the world’s deadliest foes. As the sole heir of Pavan, Aurora’s been groomed to be the perfect queen. She’s intelligent and brave and honorable. But she’s yet to show any trace of the magic she’ll need to protect her people.
To keep her secret and save her crown, Aurora’s mother arranges for her to marry a dark and brooding Stormling prince from another kingdom. At first, the prince seems like the perfect solution to all her problems. He’ll guarantee her spot as the next queen and be the champion her people need to remain safe. But the more secrets Aurora uncovers about him, the more a future with him frightens her. When she dons a disguise and sneaks out of the palace one night to spy on him, she stumbles upon a black market dealing in the very thing she lacks—storm magic. And the people selling it? They’re not Stormlings. They’re storm hunters.
Legend says that her ancestors first gained their magic by facing a storm and stealing part of its essence. And when a handsome young storm hunter reveals he was born without magic, but possesses it now, Aurora realizes there’s a third option for her future besides ruin or marriage.
She might not have magic now, but she can steal it if she’s brave enough.
Challenge a tempest. Survive it. And you become its master.
I’m so excited to present another edition of Book Buzzin’ here at What Sarah Read. Every so often, I feature an upcoming release I’ve read recently that I think you may want to know more about. I’ll share some of the positive buzz surrounding it and also link to retailers where you can purchase the book and any pre-order swag you can get your hands on. Today, I’m buzzin’ about Cora Carmack‘s upcoming Fantasy YA debut, “Roar”.
Happy Teaser Tuesday, friends! I thought today would be the perfect day to share an epic teaser from Roar to help kick off the ONE week countdown until the release date. I know many of us know and love Cora from her swoony (and steamy) New Adult series Rusk University, Losing It and The Muse. But one week from today, Cora joins the ranks of amazing authors of epic Young Adult fantasy books. Even MORE exciting is that Roar is the first book in the new Stormheart series, so after you fall in love with the first book you can rest easy knowing there is more to come!
While you’re here, make sure you watch this amazing book trailer for Roar! If you weren’t already super excited for this book, the trailer will put you completely over the edge.
What’s the buzz…
- USA Today’s Happy Ever After shares an excerpt
- The Tor/Forge blog gives us a sneak peek at the opening chapter of Roar
- Check out this fun interview with Cora Carmack
- Annalisse over at Hopeful Reads says…”There were plenty of twists and turns that kept me guessing and I was completely sucked in.”
- Chelsea from The Suspense is Thrilling Me says…”Let me just tell you folks, if you are a fan of YA fantasy with a bit of romance, immediately click that pre-order button because you need some Stormlings in your life, I promise.”
- Candace from Cocktails & Books says…”It is hard to put into words my thoughts on Roar by Cora Carmack. It is a high fantasy book for sure and my favorite genre. Roar’s premise is ridiculously fresh and original.”
- Don’t miss this BookTube review from Miranda at Reader Skeeter! She gives a great overview of the plot of Roar as well as her overall thoughts.
If you’re looking for a little something to give you a feel for this upcoming release, I just so happened to create this
quote Graphic for you! Stay tuned for my review and mood board COMING SOON!