A celebration of the most wonderful time of the year
featuring some of your favorite bookish buddies!
FOLLOW THE FESTIVITIES: WHATSARAHREAD.COM | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM
Today, I’m giving a big welcome to the blog to Morgan from Gone with the Word!! As a fellow Disney-lover, this girl holds a special place in my heart…and she just so happens to be the sweetest EVER! She’s stopping by today with a guest post about her holiday reading list and she’s sharing some amazing holiday reads with all of us. So open up your Goodreads account or grab a pen and paper…you have some books to read, friends!
This year more than ever I really want to read a lot of cozy, festive, adorable holiday books this month! Surprisingly, I have not read many despite my love of romantic comedies and Christmas movies so I’ve put together a list of my Holiday TBR in case anyone else needs similar inspiration!
It’s a mixture of YA and Adult, full-length and novellas, from combing Goodreads and Amazon and asking for suggestions. I own a few of them and others I’m waiting to see if I get in my secret santa exchanges! If not, I’ll probably buy them for my kindle 🙂 Without further ado:
- Decked with Holly by Marni Bates- fake romance, a celebrity pop star, and Christmas? These are a few of my favorite things!
- Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan- I bought this last year and it sounds adorable. Plus cupcakes!
- Mistletoe and Mr. Right by Lyla Payne- The cover is so festive and vibrant and cute! I’ve been wanting to read this since last year but I wanted to wait for the 2 stories in one copy 🙂
- Winterspell by Claire LeGrand- I’ve been dying to read this Nutcracker retelling but I decided I couldn’t read it in any month but December!
- The Little Bookshop on the Seine by Rebecca Raisin- a bookshop swap in Paris for Christmas! It sounds like You’ve Got Mail meets The Holiday and like my idea of heaven.
- Snowflakes on Silver Cove by Holly Martin- bffs turned something more + fake dating + Christmas themed dates. I need it!
- Just for Christmas by Scarlett Bailey- Cornish cottages and sexy neighbors sound like a good recipe to me!
- A Christmas to Remember by Jenny Hale- for some reason I’ve always loved nanny books, plus this one reminds me of Cameron Diaz and Jude Law in The Holiday (which I need to watch again!).
- Love on the Lifts by Rachel Hawthorne- the description is basically a hot chocolate recipe and a variety of cute guys to crush on. I can work with this 😀
- Snowed Over by Angie Stanton- I’ve wanted to read this since last year, I love romances where they get trapped somewhere together!
- Holiday Sparks by Shannon Stacey- this sounds sexy and fun, which is what I’ve been into lately. Plus it’s the shortest on the list so it’d be a quick read.
- Room at the Inn by Ruthie Knox- another steamy novella, plus I love second chance romances.
Lights, Latkes, and Love by Peggy Bird- Hanukkah stories are harder to find and this sounds a little drama-filled and corny, but I think it will be sweet!Burning Bright: Four Chanukah Love Stories by Megan Hart et. al- not the most eye-catching cover but it’s lots of different Hanukkah stories gathered in one place and I’m excited to read them! They all sound really festive.
It’s been a busy month for me so I’m hoping to pick a few from this list to snuggle up with and read while I drink my hot chocolate by the glow of the menorah and the Christmas tree <3
I did read My True Love Gave To Me last year, which I loved. That’s the best place to start for holiday stories! I’m definitely going to reread the Rainbow Rowell, Stephanie Perkins, and Gayle Forman stories. And years ago I read The Mischief of the Mistletoe, a really fun, Christmasy entry in the Pink Carnation Regency romance spy series.
Have you read any of the books on my tbr? Do you have more suggestions for me? Let me know!
Thanks for such a wonderful list of books Morgan, these are sure to get everyone in the holiday spirit! Oh, and A+ gif usage girlfriend! Stop by tomorrow when I welcome Jaime and Erin from Fiction Fare. They’ll be talking all about their favorite holiday READS and their favorite holiday recipes! Yummy!
DON’T MISS THE AMAZING FEATURE-WIDE GIVEAWAY HOSTED BY MYSELF AND SOME OF THE GUEST BLOGGERS TAKING PART. TRUST ME…YOU WANT TO WIN!